Here are five articles that I enjoyed this week plus a bonus social media post about Twitter’s switch from stars to hearts.
1. Justin Taylor – 19 Turning Points in the History of Philosophy and Theology. Quick read with a few details that will help you understand much of why we think the way we do.
2. Russell Working – The Buzzwords that Refuse to Die. I hate buzzwords because they take the life out of presentations and conversations.
3. Gavin Ortlund – 5 Ways to Deepen Your Preaching. Pastors are on the never-ending quest to understand how the preaching event can connect in a deeper fashion. Good direction is given by Ortlund.
4. Aaron Earls – Recapturing Wonder: Latest Research Shows Christianity’s Way Forward. A good word from a millennial about how to connect with the faith journey of his generation.
5. David Curry – 5 Ways Western Christians Can Help Persecuted Christians. USA President and CEO of Open Doors, Curry gives practical advice about what we can and should do right now.
And, in honor of Twitter being able to change stars to hearts but not allowing us to edit tweets, I give you…
When you log into Twitter & see they've changed from favoriting tweets with stars to 'liking' tweets with hearts. pic.twitter.com/a37EJ2LNNf
— Nathan (@stockejock) November 4, 2015