Here are five articles that I enjoyed this week plus a bonus social media post.
1. Jeff Robinson – Reflections from 40 Years in Pastoral Ministry. An insightful interview with R. Kent Hughes on his pastoral ministry and helpful writing career.
2. Brad Bridges – Authentic Christianity: 5 Inspiring Truths about Actual and Aspirational Church Core Values. If you lead in church, read this article. Devastatingly true.
3. Jeremiah J. Johnston – Why You Should Not Despair When God is Silent. Jeremiah has wonderfully summed up what so many of us want to believe and how we want to live when we don’t seem to hear God’s voice.
4. Chris Brauns – The System I Use for Long Term Scripture Memorization. Brauns writes, “Easily, my most important educational choice was deciding 25 years ago to systematically memorize Scripture.” His post is something that I’m looking to implement in 2016.
5. Oxford English Dictionary – From ‘screen-rage’ to ‘sadiculous’: your new word submissions. I am always amazed at what new words of our cultural oddities make it into the dictionary. But, then again, I’m sarcaustic.
I've never run a marathon, but once I ate 26.2 doughnuts & didn't even ask for a sticker to put on my car.
— Nathan (@stockejock) November 12, 2015