Here are five posts that I enjoyed this week plus a bonus social media post.
1. Thom Rainer – 16 Trends in American Churches in 2016 Part 1 and Part 2. Rainer has been assessing church trends for more than two decades. This two-part series from him will help us analyze last year and look toward the year ahead.
2. Hilary Benn’s Impassioned Speech Ahead Of Syria Airstrikes Vote. Described by his opposite number as “one of the truly great speeches in the house of Commons,” Hilary Benn’s #SyriaVote speech drew cheers and applause from all sides. It is a 14 minute speech but worth every moment of your time simply because it represents how a speaker should passionately engage a topic.
3. Ed Stetzer – What Is Church Attendance Like During Christmastime? New Data From LifeWay Research. I am biased toward LifeWay Research since I previously worked in the group. Nevertheless, this is great information for all of us.
4. Google – A Year in Search 2015. Understanding what people are searching for on the Internet gives us a great insight to the state of humanity.
5. Michael Kelley – 2 Active Ways to Grow in Our Desire for the Kingdom. Michael is one of my coauthors and a good friend. He always has great insight into the Christian life.
And a bonus post from Twitter just for a good laugh…
1886: We invented a car! 1903: We invented a plane! 1969: We went to the moon! … … … … … … 2015: Taco Emoji!
— braden graeber (@hipstermermaid) October 22, 2015