Here are five posts that I enjoyed this week plus a bonus social media post.
1. Tamera Kraft – 9 Reasons You Shouldn’t Have a Seeker-Friendship Children’s Ministry. Strong word about discipling rather than entertaining children.
2. Hershael York – The Long and Short of Sermons. How long should a sermon last? York gives a solid answer that all pastors and congregations should hear.
3. Nathan Schneider – 7 Habits of a Highly Effective Philosopher. This article about William Lane Craig’s personal life and how he gets so much done is wonderful. Every pastor and leader can learn from him.
4. Kristin Piombino – 8 Struggles Every Communicator Understands. Funny and insightful. If you speak or write regularly, this article will give you a bit of relief.
5. Daniel Im – 3 Ways Tesla Affects Your Church Metrics. If you are not measuring how well your church is doing, Daniel’s article will get you thinking about it. If you already do, he has some good insight to help you refine the process.
Every congregation is a congregation of sinners. As if that weren’t bad enough, they all have sinners for pastors.
— Eugene Peterson (@PetersonDaily) January 7, 2016