Here are five posts that I enjoyed this week plus a bonus social media post.
1. Jeremiah Johnston – Why are so many Christians biblically illiterate? Insightful piece on FoxNews.co about a common problem in the church.
2. Phil Bowdle – Quit Doing Announcements. Announcements are like a necessary evil for church leaders. Here is some good advice as to what ought to make the cut and what should be delivered in other ways.
3. Jesse Carey – 12 of DL Moody’s Most Profound Quotes About Faith. You just cannot go wrong with quotes from D.L. Moody.
4. Rick Howerton – 10 Worst Icebreakers for a Group Meeting. We’ve all been through one or more of these questions.
5. Ron Edmondson – 5 Steps to Recovery from a Failure. What you do immediately after a failure often sets a long-range trajectory. Ron offers keys to making the first few steps count.
And here is a bit of election cycle humor to lighten your mood… or depress you… whichever your political allegiances lie.
— Philip Nation (@philipnation) February 10, 2016