“Habits for Our Holiness” is releasing today!
I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to start and complete the task of writing a book about the spiritual disciplines from a missional perspective. I have prayed that the book will have a powerful impact on many lives for many years to come. I hope you’ll join me in that prayer as well.
Now, let me thank you, my friends. The personal encouragement that I’ve gained from my friends in Nashville has been crucial to this project. For those that I’ve met on the road somewhere when I was teaching in a conference or preaching at your church, thanks to you as well. Plus, the support I’ve received from those of you who are my Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Blogosphere friends has been amazing. It is humbling to be so encouraged by so many people.
Some of you have asked how you can help get the word out about the book… so here it is.
1. Post about the book. Please share about the book on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, your blog, and in all of the places where you are connected. It is critical for books to get a strong start on the day and week of their release.
2. Link to a place to buy the book. Whenever you post about the book, please include a link to where it is available. It is being sold at LifeWay, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Christian Book Distributors. Each of these is a linked directly to the book.
3. Post a picture. I hope that you will buy a book as well. (Please.) Once you have one in hand, please post a picture holding the book or an underlined passage from the book. Your personal touch will help others be convinced that this book is worth a look. In addition, if you’ll follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, I’ll post some quote squares and would be delighted if you’ll repost them as well.
4. Like my new Facebook page. I’ve set up a Facebook Author Page and I’d be honored if you would “Like” it: Philipnationbooks. At that page, I’ll be posting ideas from the book and interacting with readers.
5. Study it with friends. I believe that spiritual disciplines are to be practiced with friends in the faith. I hope you will get a group together and discuss how these practices can mature your faith.
6. Recommend the book. Please do me the honor of suggesting the book to your pastor and other staff members of your church. I would be happy to connect with anyone who has questions about the book or would be interested to interact about the details in it.
7. Review it. If you trust me and enjoy the book, please go ahead and post a positive review of the book on Amazon. As odd as it may seem, those five-star reviews help keep the message going and in front of potential readers who need to interact with these ideas.
Thanks again for your willingness to help out in these initial days of the book release. I’ll continue to feature articles here on the blog about spiritual disciplines and all-things related to our faith.