Here are five posts that I enjoyed this week plus a bonus social media post.
1. LifeWay Leadership – Best Quotes from Together for the Gospel. 10,000 Pastors converged on Louisville, KY last week for 3 days of growing together in the Scriptures and the gospel at “Together for the Gospel 2016”.
2. Tristin Hopper – Malcolm Gladwell got it wrong. Fascinating critique of Gladwell’s statement that 10,000 hours of performing any task will allow you to master it.
3. Aaron Hanbury – Porn Addiction is Not Threatening an Entire Generation. The devastating of a culture overrun by pornography is now arresting the attention of media from both Christians and the mainstream culture.
4. Thom Rainer – Seven Ways Church Members Should Prepare for a Sermon. Nice treatment by Rainer of answering the question, “What if church members began their own form of sermon preparation?”
5. Stephen Altrogge – 3 Reasons Your Pastor Desperately Needs Prayer and Encouragement. This quote pretty much sums up the article… and my heart: “When you’re a pastor, there are certain things you wish you could tell the folks in your congregation, but can’t because they would seem self-serving.” Good work by Stephen.
And here is an insightful and needed view for all of us…
Our most important calling as Christ followers is to be faithful. Not spectacular. Not glamorous. Not popular. Not relevant.— Eugene Cho (@EugeneCho) April 20, 2016