Planting a church is one of the most exciting adventures you’ll ever embark on. It’s also one of the hardest. It requires initiative, leadership, strategy, systems, and a lot of prayer. In the new second edition of Planting Missional Churches: Your Guide to Starting Churches that Multiply, you find a completely redesigned book with new content in every single chapter. It also includes new chapters on topics such as church multiplication, residencies, multi-ethnic ministry, multisite, denominations and networks, and spiritual leadership. So if you’re planting a church, be prepared. Use this book as a guide to build the needed ministry areas so that you can multiply over and over again.
I have worked closely with Ed Stetzer and Daniel Im over the last few years of my life in various ways. Ed is the Executive Director of LifeWay Research and a prolific author in the areas of church planting and missiology. He has planted numerous churches including the current church he serves, Grace Church in Hendersonville, TN. Daniel is the Director of Church Multiplication for LifeWay Christian Resources and serves as a Teaching Pastor with me at The Fellowship in Nashville, TN. These are men who are trusted resources to guide you through the planting process.
Here are 15 great quotes from Planting Missional Churches.
- God is a missionary God in this culture and in every culture.
- In 2011, the latest year available, there were eleven churches for every 10,000 Americans
- Missional means being a missionary without ever leaving your city.
- Any church wishing to rediscover the dynamic nature of the early church should consider planting new churches.
- Many are embracing church planting as a way of life rather than a strategy.
- Success is measured in multiplication of churches and quality of disciples.
- You cannot lead people to godliness when you are not regularly encountering God.
- The best church planters combine innovation with learning and become leaders under accountability.
- You cannot love a city if you do not know a city.
- A lack of empowered leaders consistently hinders the health of a church. Churches grow as leadership expands.
- Many church planters are spiritually bankrupt and strategy rich.
- The most effective churches are the ones who are incredibly intentional with their discipleship processes.
- We must think beyond providing babysitting services for children while their parents go to church.
- Everywhere Christians have gone to share the gospel churches were formed.
- Your ultimate calling is not to plant a church; it’s a calling to come to Jesus himself.
Planting Missional Churches: Your Guide to Starting Churches that Multiply releases May 1, 2016, and is available where all books are sold. To order, visit http://amzn.to/1T4DYVg and to check out more info on the book, download 30 additional resources, along with special offers, visit https://newchurches.com/PMC or http://www.danielim.com/PMC.