Here are five posts that I enjoyed this week plus a bonus social media post.
1. Ryan Hoselton – Bonhoeffer’s Answer to Political Turmoil: Preach! Bonhoeffer spoke “into this atmosphere of angst and uncertainty with a message of hope—a message the church still needs to hear and re-proclaim today, because no human is beyond fear’s reach.”
2. Roger Colby – Tolkien’s 10 Tips for Writers. As a writer and someone who works in publishing, I am constantly looking for insight into the writing process. Colby has done a great work in seeking out Tolkien’s wisdom on the process.
3. Cassie Curtis – Singled Out. Cassie Curtis is a sharp thinker and a great musical artist. In this article, she does a great job of addressing life as a single adult in the church. Check out her work at the Broken Lantern Project.
4. Dargan Thompson – If God Is in Control, Why Does Bad Stuff Keep Happening? An interview with N.T. Wright, Anglican Bishop of Durham, speaks to the issue of suffering and what God does in the midst of it.
5. Ron Edmondson – 7 Simple Leadership Tips Which Could Help Every Pastor and Leader. Many times, the leadership help we need are simply stated. Ron does a great job of laying out some immediately-implemented principles.